Thursday, June 3, 2010

Incredibly Strange Albums

Incredibly Strange Albums

I remember buying some weird albums over the years. Why? Hell, I don't remember. Maybe they were heavily discounted, or maybe I was just plain nuts, I don't know.

Most of these albums came out when I was young and impressionable.

The first really strange album I bought (right out of the cut-out bin) was Sounds Of The Zodiacon Elektra Records. Cyrus Faryar narrated some goofy spoken word stuff over space-themed other-worldly music with lots of reverb. I lit incense and played it in the dark. It set astrology back 500 years. That was my first. There were others, I'm ashamed to say. I went looking for some other incredibly strange albums on the web and here's what I came up with.



My sister actually bought this one by the fake Beatles- The Buggs! Obviously a rip-off.



Christmas with the Colonel? You gotta be kidding! Original or extra crispy? Hand me that drumstick.



I wish I could have been there for this one...



This one requires no explanation, or maybe I just don't have one...



One can only conjecture what this Yule Tide Classic sounds like... John Waters? Does Divine do a solo?



From an era of album cover art that will never be repeated!



Even the great Mohamed Ali got in the act.



And finally this... I have nothing to say. Your guess is as good as mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment