Thursday, September 16, 2010

Friday On My Mind Friday 09-10-2010

Friday On My Mind
Friday 09-10-2010 10:14am PT
I will be at Netos in Santa Clara for TROOPFEST 2010 tomorrow, Saturday, the 9th anniversary of 9/11. It's so important that we support our troops, after all, they protect us and our freedoms. If it hadn't been for these guys, we'd all be speaking German, or Japanese, or, God help us- Farsi. My father will looking down from Heaven to see who's there, so show up for sure! I will be there from 3-5 pm. Here's a nice photo of my hero- Lt.Stanley Kihn, US Army Infantry- 1944.



Let's show the troops that not only do we appreciate their sacrifices, but we will support their mission. Just like my father in WWII- remember what he used to say- "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."



Netos is a really cool market and grll in Santa Clara where they make the best sausages in town. Did I mention that there will be bar-b-que? Look for the KFOX tent and the open air stage. I'll see ya there!



I just heard from Tony Lindsay, lead singer from Santana, and an old friend of mine. He called in at the end of the show today to tell me that he'll be performing in Los Gatos tonight at #1 Broadway with his band, and he'll be at the Mountain Winery on Saturday night working with Laura Johnston, daughter of Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers.



As a matter of fact, 18 year old Laura will be opening for her father's band The Doobie Brothers at the Mountain Winery this weekend. Lindsay tells me that she can really sing, and coming from him that's quite a compliment since Tony Lindsay is one of the best singers I have ever heard.

Speaking of kids- I spent yesterday afternoon with my favorite guy in the world- Nate! My grandson is talking up a storm these days. He clearly said, "Hi Grandpa" when I walked in. He pointed to the guitar and said, "Ga!" He's still working on that one. I love that kid!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND I'LL SEE YA MONDAY!

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment