Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lord Stanley's Cup

Lord Stanley's Cup
I didn't watch American Idol last night because I watched the San Jose Sharks game instead. God, what a finish! Horrible! With 27 seconds left in regulation and the score tied at 3, Jonathon Cheechoo was sent to the penalty box for 2 minutes for interference. It was a completely bogus call, since Cheechoo was just trying to get out of the way. Anyway, here we go again! Another game decided by the officials! That really frosts me! The Sharks were swarming in that last minute, peppering the Phoenix goaltender with shot after shot, and it was only a matter of time before one dropped (either during regulation or in OT), but the freakin' officials decided to hand the game to Phoenix by sending Cheechoo to the box for no reason! Damn! So, we lost with 27 seconds to play. All this after we battled back from a 3-1 deficit to tie. The Sharks played well once they got back in the game and the fact that they came back from 3-1 meant a lot in terms of winning desire. I really felt like we had momentum on our side at that point and we were going to win. Now my panties are all in a bunch! The good news is that, even though they lost, they clinched a playoff spot, and all they need is one more point to clinch the Pacific Division. __Also I heard from the Sharks that they are all booked up for the remainder of the season as far as singing the National Anthem is concerned. Not the result I was looking for, but that's the way the cookie crumbles... __Don't they realize that I'm a good luck charm? The Sharks record this year is 4-1 in games where I sing the national Anthem. Coach Todd knows it. I hope he calls me when they are in a "must win" situation in the playoffs. I have nothing against other Anthem singers, in fact I know most of them do a much better job then I do, but you can't argue with 4-1! They may sing better but what's more important? A win or a great singer? OK, don't answer that. __I guess I'm just too worked up about the Sharks this year. I still believe that they can and will go all the way! My passion is way over the top. Sorry. All I can say is Stanley Cup here we come! Go Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment