Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Friday On My Brain Friday 03-19-2010

I saw my grandson Nate yesterday (I see him every Thursday) and he was walking all over the place. He was so proud of himself for being able to walk that he had this incredible grin on his face.

I brought my Voyage-Air Fold-Away Guitar and I played it for him. I'm pretty sure Nate understands that Grampa plays the guitar, because everytime I visit I bring it and make a point a point of playing it for him.



He understands the concept of the strumming the strings. He takes the guitar pick out of my hand and tries to strum the strings himself and he loves the sound of it.

So far, Nate's favorite songs are Ghost Riders In The Sky and Not Fade Away. Whenever I start either one of those songs, Nate starts rocking back and forth big time. If he's standing, he starts a little dance. I know it sounds crazy, but something about the groove makes him start to move. He's clearly enjoys himself. Yesterday he jammed with me for a few seconds playing the Bongos. He loves to bash things. He's got a set of Bongos to bash when he gets the feeling.

At ten months old, Nate is ahead of the game. He's already walking! He's also stringing together sounds and I think he's going to say his first words any time now. I lent Lexi my video camera so she could capture as much on tape as possible. I am loving being a grandfather! It's the best!

I bought him a tiny little San Francisco Giants T Shirt the other day. I can't wait to see it on him. I wonder how old he'll be before I take him to his first ballgame?



My daughter has a birthday this weekend and we are going to take her out to dinner on Saturday. I am so proud of her. She has a great job, a wonderful marriage, and the sweetest son in town! I am truly blessed, wouldn't you say?

Have a great weekend and I'll see you all back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment