Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day, Dallas Braden, The Sharks Vanquish a Vampire!

Mother's Day, Dallas Braden, The Sharks Vanquish a Vampire!
Monday 05-10-2010 10:58am PT
I missed my mom on Mother's Day this year. I miss her every year since she passed, but this year a little more than usual. Maybe it's because that for the first time, my own daughter, my little girl, is a mother herself! I called her early Sunday morning to wish her a happy Mother's Day and she was asleep! Of course she was asleep. That's what mothers do! They lose sleep, they take care of business, they change diapers, they do it all. No wonder she was pooped! So, I say, if you didn't talk to your mom yesterday, call her today. I'm sure she will love it. God bless the mothers of the world!

History in Oakland yesterday- Dallas Braden, pitcher for the Oakland A's, threw a perfect game on Mother's Day. Dallas's mom passed away when he was in High School from cancer, and he was raise by his grandmother- who happened to be there for Mother's Day and saw her grandson pitch the first perfect game for the A's in 40 years. The last time it was done here was by Catfish Hunter, and that was a while back! There have been only 19 perfect games in the entire history of baseball, and now Dallas Braden has carved his name into the Hall Of Fame.



The Sharks made some history of their own at the Shark Tank on Saturday night- beating the Red Wings and advancing to the semi finals of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. They will play the winner of the Chicago-Vancouver series next. The winner of that goes to the finals. It's enough to make you think- are we the team of destiny?



Dan Rusanowsky, voice of the San Jose Sharks on KFOX, told me last week that beating Detroit was a little like killing a vampire- to do it right you have to drive a stake through its heart. The Sharks drove the stake home on Saturday, ending Detroit's season. Now that the vampire is dead- we have to kill the Wolfman and Frankenstein next!





I want to alert you guys that I have been nominated for Man Of The Year by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It's all about raising money to defeat cancer- and you know I hate cancer! Please check out my fund-raising page elsewhere on this website and make a donation! I would really appreciate it. I'm sick of losing Friends to cancer. Won't you join me in finding a cure? It's the right thing to do.

I don't know why, but it seems like just about everything can give you cancer these days. I quit smoking, started eating right and exercising since 2007. What else can a guy do? I want to see my grandson Nate grow up and graduate from college! Let's destroy cancer! Let's crush it! Let's render it useless!

No comments:

Post a Comment