Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Day After The Day After D Day/ Auction

The Day After The Day After D Day/ Auction
Tuesday 06-08-2010 10:12am PT

I can't believe Sunday was the anniversary of D Day and I hardly saw or heard anything about it on TV or in the media. I wouldn't expect our politicians to acknowledge the efforts of our fathers and grandfathers on that day, when they risked life and limb to liberate Europe. They died for the freedoms of people they didn't even know. How noble. Think these clowns in Washington could pull that off? Think again. People seem more than happy to give away freedoms for a free pass through life these days. Let's never forget the sacrifices those veterans made all those years ago. And whereas the media and Washington for the most part forgot, I remember.

Let's hear it for the greatest generation!



Supreme Allied Commander Dwight D. Eisenhower addresses the troops before the invasion. Imagine the emotion as many of these men would not be coming back. Such bravery is rare today.



Today is ELECTION DAY! Please vote! I'll be voting on the way home today. Participate in democracy while you still can. It's important.

The auction for the private concert at your house is still on, until Friday at least. Make your bid now. Help me bash cancer.

I need people to make some donations. Can you help? I know a lot of you out there know me personally. Come on, I haven't asked for anything lately have I? No! I need you to step up to the plate and write a check. It's crunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment