Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

Easter

Easter is a time of rebirth and this Sunday that's just what I intend to do! Traditionally, we always go over to my mother-in-law's house for some Filipino food on Easter. I guess I'll have to throw my diet out the windows. She always makes a ton of food. I can't resist.

I took my wife to see the Giants vs. Milwaukee yesterday at AT&T Park. It was our first game this season and it was great. The Giants won 7-1 and it rained. We missed the line drive off the forehead of Joe Martinez. That was a scary moment. We had already left the park after 8.5 innings and had just gotten into the car when we heard it on the radio. Thank God he's going to be OK.

Have a great Easter! Remember to call or visit your parents if they're still alive. Once they're gone, you'll wish you had.

I have fond memories of making Easter eggs in my mother's kitchen when I was a kid. Back then we did it the old-fashioned way with food coloring and vinegar. Just think, next year when I'm a grandparent, I will make Easter eggs with my grandchildren! I can't wait! Easter baskets, chocolate bunnies and Easter egg hunts were wonderful diversions way back when. Share them with your kids this weekend. Happy Easter everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment